Home FAQ's


Please take a few minutes to read the very important Frequently Asked Questions :

  • Will the certificate course provide me with a blasting certificate ?

The course does not result in a blasting ticket or license.  The course is intended for people who are working in the blasting field and who want to improve their knowledge of blasting.

  • Can I do the Advanced course before I do the Certificate course ?

You must do the Certificate Course first OR have a Diploma in Explosive Technology with practical experience in blasting.

  • Can I fax assignments, exams, etc to AET?

No.  We find the print quality is not adequate for us to correctly mark and assess your work.  Please email your work to us as a MS Word document.  Please do not pdf the document.

  • Are there specific times when I must enrol?

You may enrol at any time during the year.  You have one year to complete the course from the enrolment date.

  • Do I need to do a practical?

No - Both the Certificate and the Advanced Certificate course are  theory courses only.

  • Can I pay the course fee off in instalments?

No - The course fee must be paid in full before the course material is dispatched to you.

  • I want to learn how to demolish buildings, will the course help me?

The course is intended for rock blasting in a mine, quarry or construction site only, demolishing building requires years of experience as a blaster before you can move onto buildings.

  • Is the course accredited?

The course is not accredited by any goverment agency.  It is a privately run course, designed to improve the knowledge of people already working in the industry and is recognised by some major explosives suppliers and mining companies.

  • What experience do the lecturers have?

The lecturers have over 30 years practical experience in the industry.

  • What happens if I fail the course?

If you fail the final assessment, you can rewrite, subject to certain conditions,  see the Course Guide for further details 

  •  What do I do if I need help with the assignments and project?

 The lecturers are available by email to assist you with any questions you have.

  • Will the course help me to get work on a mine if I don't have experience?

Mines usually require experienced people to train as shortfirers.  It is recommended you first find work as a helper on a mine to gain experience.